Christmas Gift Ideas For Your Favorite Hiker
Christmas this year is definitely going to be a little weird for everyone, but it doesn’t mean we have to miss out on the joy of giving this holiday season.
If you have a hiker in the family or know some one interested in hiking then you’ve come to the right place for gift ideas.
Here is a list of some of my favorite gear items that would be great for the hiker, camper or outdoor enthusiast.
REI tin coffee cups
North Face Hat
Mountain House Adventure Meals
Water Proof Matches
Darn Tough Socks
1. JetBoil System. I love love love this. It's probably my favorite piece of gear I own. I even bring it on day hikes to make tea or hot coca. It's light weight and super easy to use. It boils water in literally a minute or less. Check it out here.
2. REI tin coffee mugs. One of my very good friends bought me some mugs from REI a couple years ago and I love them. They're extremely durable and light weight. A great accessory to go with the JetBoil System. You can grab them here.
3. Gaiters. I always saw other hikers with gaiters on and I couldn't wait to get myself a pair. I was so tired of getting water, mud and snow all up the back of my legs and in my shoes. My gaiters have been a life saver. I wear them Spring, Fall and Winter. They're extremely durable and help keep my legs warm as well. Here are the ones I use.
4. North Face Beanie. I love my North Face Beanies. I have two I wear all the time and I get compliments on them often. They are warm and stylish and the big pom poms are my favorite. My orange one is my latest and has been great during hunting season when I can't help getting out there. They come in an assortment of colors as well. You can get one here.
5. Mountain House Adventure Meals. These are great meals for camping and hiking. My son and I went on a overnight hike this past summer and brought a couple of these and we weren't disappointed. While they are not exactly like a home cooked meal they are pretty delicious for something that comes out of a bag. Just add hot water and wait a few minutes and you have a filling and tasty meal ready to go. Grab them from REI or even Amazon. The Creamy Mac & Cheese was our favorite.
6. Waterproof Proof Matches. Waterproof matches are definitely a key item for any hiker or camper. The matches I recommend are Zippo Typhoon Matches. They are wind proof and extremely water resistant. Plus they burn for about 30 seconds. You can get them here.
7. Darn Tough Socks. Vermont made Darn Tough Socks should be in every hikers and outdoor enthusiasts stocking. They are warm, comfortable, and lifetime guaranteed. They come in all sorts of colors and styles. I wear mine every time I venture out onto the trails.
8. Body Glide. Never having any chaffing again. Just put some of this stuff on any problem areas and you're good to go. This stuff can make a uncomfortable hike comfortable again. A great little stocking stuffer.
9. Camp Soap. Another awesome stocking stuffer for your outdoors lover. Use it camping, backpacking, or traveling. It's biodegradable and a little bit goes a long way. Small and easy to pack for any outdoor activity. Grab some here.
10. Hiking Books. If you have a hiker in the family hiking books are a great gift. Here are a few of my favorites:
Hiking Through by: Paul Stutzman
Thirst by: Heather “Anish” Anderson
Wild by: Cheryl Strayed
Here are some awesome trail guide books:
Other Informational Books:
That's it, just a few gear items to get your holiday gift giving off to a great start. You can't go wrong with any of these key items. Your hiker, camper or outdoor lover will thank you for it.